Due to guidelines and regulations Nutrition Services will not be accepting payments in the form of cash or checks. To serve our students safely all transactions will be completed electronically. The Nutrition Services Department encourages parents/guardians to use our on line pre-payment provider at www.schoolcafe.com. Please access the link below to set up an account for your student(s) convenience. It is important to keep in mind that elementary schools will not be offering a-la-carte items at this time.
We highly encourage all students 13 years of age and older to create a student account at www.SchoolCafe.com Doing this will allow students to download their personal bar code number onto a cellular device which then can be scanned at lunch service to allow for the no contact rule to be followed. Instructions on how to create a student account can be found below.
Payments can be made at any time at Schoolcafe.com using a credit card or debit card. Uploaded funds will appear on the students account within 15-20 minutes of the transaction. Having an account will allow you to view your child’s purchasing history, account balances and replenish their account when necessary. There is a $1.95 fee for use of the on line payment system. The Colonial School District Nutrition Services Department does not profit from this fee. For more information and detailed instructions for setting up a free online account you can contact the Nutrition Services Department.
Creating a Student Account in School Cafe to Download a Barcode on Your Cell Phone:
Students, 13 years of age and older, can create an account with www.schoolcafe.com that will allow them to download their personal barcode to a cell phone. In keeping with the social distancing and no contact guidelines, having the students easily access their barcode while participating in school lunch will limit their need to touch surfaces.
- Log into the www.schoolcafe.com website
- Link to the app store at the bottom of the home page from your cellular phone.
- Under “Need to create an account or contact us” field
- Select the State (Delaware)
- Under the “School District” field
- Type in Colonial
- Click the Go to My District button
- The website will now display the “Welcome to Colonial School District” page
- You will be viewing a list of options that you can choose from (i.e. make payments, view purchases, etc.)
- Scroll down to the Create a New Account button and click
- You will see 3 options to choose from - click on the I’m a Student at this District button
- Click Next
- The screen will change; click on the Now, let’s find your school button
- Begin typing the name of your school (i.e. Carrie Downie, Castle Hills, Pleasantville, Wilmington Manor, Southern, KH Wilbur, New Castle, Eisenberg, Gunning Bedford, George Read, William Penn)
- After a few letters your school name will appear
- Click Next
- The screen will change and ask for the following information to be entered into each field
- First Name
- Last Name
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Click Next
- The screen will change and ask that you complete all of the required fields
- Username (can be your email address)
- Confirm Password
- Security Question
- Select a Language
- Click the box to Accept the terms and conditions
- Click the box to certify you are 13 years of age or older
- Click the Create My Account button
- You will now be logged into the dashboard of your new Schoolcafe account
- Click the connect icon link to the right of the Connect To My Cafeteria Account
- The Let’s Find Your Cafeteria Account pop up window will open
- Enter your student ID in the Enter Your School ID field
- Enter your birthdate
- Enter your last name
- Click the Find My Cafeteria Account button
- The information that you entered is matched by the system and you should now see a barcode displayed on your dashboard screen.
- You are now ready to use your smart phone to scan your barcode when you go through the lunch line!
Online payments are a simple, safe and secure way to make payments to your students account 24 hours a day at your convenience.