Our Wellness PolicyWellnessPolicy.pdf
Why a Wellness Policy?Childhood Obesity
& Diet Related Illness
- Our School Nutrition Program complies with federal, state and local requirements.
- Our School Nutrition Program is accessible to all children.
- We provide and promote nutrition education.
- We encourage meaningful physical fitness activities for all children.
- All school-based activities are consistent with local wellness policy goals.
- Recommend that all foods and beverages made available on campus (including vending, concessions, a la carte, student stores, parties, and fundraising) during the school day are consistent with the current Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Insure that all foods made available on campus adhere to food safety and security guidelines.
- Provide a school environment that is safe, comfortable, pleasing, and allows ample time and space for eating meals.
- Insure that food and/or physical activity is not used as a reward or punishment.
- School Nutrition Association
- USDA Food & Nutrition Services
- Centers for Disease Control
- National School Boards Association
- National PTA
- Action for Healthy Kids
- American Dietetic Association
- Food Research and Action Center
- Elementary/Secondary School Principals
- National Association of School Nurses
- USDA Cooperative Extension
- National Dairy Council
- Society for Nutrition Education
- The National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- Council of Chief State School Officers
The SAUSD Wellness Committee's mission is to improve the health an wellness of its students and community.
Our vision is that SAUSD staff, students, and community are leaders of change through enhancing the well-being of the school community by creating a lifelong culture of healthy lifestyles.
To view our Wellness Policy & Administrative Regulations please click below:
Balance is essential for any Wellness Policy. Key areas include:
- Nutrition Education
- Physical activity
- Other school-based activities that are designed to promote student wellness.
Wellness Committee Meetings 8:30AM - 10:00AM
- September 18, 2019 (District Training Room)
- November 20, 2019 (Board Room)
- January 22, 2020 (Lab 105 and 106)
- March 25, 2020 (Board Room)
- May 20, 2020 (Board Room)
To view a list of Smart Snack Compliant Food & Beverage options click on the link below: