Our Wellness PolicyWellness Policy (Revised April 2019).pdf
Why a Wellness Policy?Childhood Obesity
& Diet Related Illness
- Our School Nutrition Program complies with federal, state and local requirements.
- Our School Nutrition Program is accessible to all children.
- We provide and promote nutrition education.
- We encourage meaningful physical fitness activities for all children.
- All school-based activities are consistent with local wellness policy goals.
- Recommend that all foods and beverages made available on campus (including vending, concessions, a la carte, student stores, parties, and fundraising) during the school day are consistent with the current Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Insure that all foods made available on campus adhere to food safety and security guidelines.
- Provide a school environment that is safe, comfortable, pleasing, and allows ample time and space for eating meals.
- Insure that food and/or physical activity is not used as a reward or punishment.
- School Nutrition Association
- USDA Food & Nutrition Services
- Centers for Disease Control
- National School Boards Association
- National PTA
- Action for Healthy Kids
- American Dietetic Association
- Food Research and Action Center
- Elementary/Secondary School Principals
- National Association of School Nurses
- USDA Cooperative Extension
- National Dairy Council
- Society for Nutrition Education
- The National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- Council of Chief State School Officers
Hesperia Unified School District recognizes the link between student health and learning and desires to promote a healthy environment for district students. We’ve created a Wellness Committee whose purpose is to bring together representatives who can help address issues facing the health and well-being of our children. Parents, students, community members, and organizations are invited to participate alongside teachers, administrators, school health professionals, and school board members. Four meetings are held per school year.
As members of the Hesperia community, your input is important. If you are interested in participating in the Wellness Committee or learning more about it, please contact email@example.com or call (760) 948 - 1051.
Wellness Policy Assessment: Please click here to view our WellSAT scorecard.