Turn in Applications to:
Return completed application to your child's school office or send to Stacy Smith at [email protected].
Mail to: Food Services Department, P.O. Box 5134, Lancaster, PA 17606
The USDA waiver for free school meals has been extended through the 21-22 school year. All students are eligible to receive one complete breakfast meal and one complete lunch meal each day at no cost to you! No applications are required to receive free meals. However, it is strongly encouraged that you apply for free/reduced meals to take advantage of other possible benefits, including:
~ Any pandemic-related Government electronic benefits
~ Discounted or waived iPad protection fees
~ Discounted or waived test fees (AP exams, etc.)
~ Discounted or waived field trip costs
~ Discounted broadband packages (high speed internet) - check with your local provider
~ Discounted or waived sports participation fees
~ Discounted or waived club fees
~ Discounted or waived graduation expenses
Applications for the 2021-2022 school year will be accepted beginning July 1, 2021. The easiest way to apply is online through SchoolCafe. If you need a paper application, various languages are available to the left of this section. Please view the Common Questions section or the diagram (link below) to ensure that applications are filled out correctly.
Families are encouraged to apply for free or reduced price meals. You may apply at any time throughout the school year. Please include all children on the same application, and submit only one per household.
To see if your child is eligible for free or reduced price meals, go to SchoolCafe.com and apply online or download the free SchoolCafe app from the App Store/Google Play:
To ensure timely processing be sure to (refer to diagram):
- Include all children in the household, whether school-aged or not;
- Include all adults in the household, whether they are wage earners or not;
- Ensure the number in the Total Household Members box matches the total number of names listed on the application;
- Use gross income (before taxes/other expenses are deducted) for all wages listed;
- Note the correct pay frequency (weekly, biweekly, two times per month, monthly, or annually);
- Include any government payments, alimony, child support, and/or retirement payments and the frequency of those payments; and
- Sign the application.
Applications are subject to random verification. Be sure to fill it out properly to avoid a possible change in benefits.
Have questions? Contact Stacy Smith at 717-735-1720 or send an email to [email protected].
If your child qualifies for free OR reduced lunch, they also receive FREE breakfast!