Why a Wellness Policy?Childhood Obesity
& Diet Related Illness
How we accomplish our goals
- Our School Nutrition Program complies with federal, state and local requirements.
- Our School Nutrition Program is accessible to all children.
- We provide and promote nutrition education.
- We encourage meaningful physical fitness activities for all children.
- All school-based activities are consistent with local wellness policy goals.
- Recommend that all foods and beverages made available on campus (including vending, concessions, a la carte, student stores, parties, and fundraising) during the school day are consistent with the current Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Insure that all foods made available on campus adhere to food safety and security guidelines.
- Provide a school environment that is safe, comfortable, pleasing, and allows ample time and space for eating meals.
- Insure that food and/or physical activity is not used as a reward or punishment.
Partners for School Wellness
- School Nutrition Association
- USDA Food & Nutrition Services
- Centers for Disease Control
- National School Boards Association
- National PTA
- Action for Healthy Kids
- American Dietetic Association
- Food Research and Action Center
- Elementary/Secondary School Principals
- National Association of School Nurses
- USDA Cooperative Extension
- National Dairy Council
- Society for Nutrition Education
- The National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- Council of Chief State School Officers
Balance is essential for any Wellness Policy. Key areas include:
- Nutrition Education
- Physical activity
- Other school-based activities that are designed to promote student wellness.
MissionTo foster interest and encourage Fairfield City School District staff and students to initiate and expand healthy lifestyles, provide programs to guide in the path of overall health.
FCSD Wellness Team
Cassandra Delaney, Parent/Creekside Middle
Pam Buehler, Licensed School Nurse, Compass
Brenda Stieger, High School
Paula Wagner, East
Melissa Jackson, West
Janet Cappola, Central
Amber Dahlhoff, North
Amy Durbin, Parent/YMCA
Paige Gillespie, East
Morgan Williams, South
John Jacobs, Mercy HealthPlex
Matt Crapo, Director of Student Services
Our schools have Registered Nurses to help keep our students and staff healthy. They are:
Nina Rose, RN, High School
Margaret Hermeling, RN, Freshman School
Lyn King, RN, Creekside Middle School
Debbie McCune, RN Crossroads Middle School
Pam Buehler, Licensed School Nurse, Compass Elementary
Katrina McVey, RN, Central
Traci McLaughlin, RN, East
Tara Mundt, RN, North
Kelly Moorman, RN, South
Sue Shepherd, RN, West
Any parents interested in joining the FCSD Wellness Team please contact:
Matt Crapo at email@example.com