Our Wellness PolicyWellnessPolicy.pdf
Why a Wellness Policy?Childhood Obesity
& Diet Related Illness
- Our School Nutrition Program complies with federal, state and local requirements.
- Our School Nutrition Program is accessible to all children.
- We provide and promote nutrition education.
- We encourage meaningful physical fitness activities for all children.
- All school-based activities are consistent with local wellness policy goals.
- Recommend that all foods and beverages made available on campus (including vending, concessions, a la carte, student stores, parties, and fundraising) during the school day are consistent with the current Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Insure that all foods made available on campus adhere to food safety and security guidelines.
- Provide a school environment that is safe, comfortable, pleasing, and allows ample time and space for eating meals.
- Insure that food and/or physical activity is not used as a reward or punishment.
- School Nutrition Association
- USDA Food & Nutrition Services
- Centers for Disease Control
- National School Boards Association
- National PTA
- Action for Healthy Kids
- American Dietetic Association
- Food Research and Action Center
- Elementary/Secondary School Principals
- National Association of School Nurses
- USDA Cooperative Extension
- National Dairy Council
- Society for Nutrition Education
- The National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- Council of Chief State School Officers
Balance is essential for any Wellness Policy. Key areas include:
- Nutrition Education
- Physical activity
- Other school-based activities that are designed to promote student wellness.
Scheduled Meeting Dates:
Wednesday, December 8, 2021
3:30PM - 4:30PM
School Year 2019-20
Wednesday, February 12, 2020
November 13, 2019
Handout: WellSat Score Card
Handout: WellSat Score Card with Notes
September 18, 2019
Handout: WellSat Fact Sheet
Handout: Wellness Sat 3.0 Scoresheet
School Year 2018-19
April 10, 2019
Handout: Smart Snack Brochure 2019
February 13, 2019
November 14, 2018
September 19, 2018
School Year 2017-18
February 15, 2018
April 5, 2017
September 23, 2016
If you would like to become a stakeholder and be involved in the evaluation and implementation of our Local School Wellness Policy, please contact Nutrition Services at 888-287-5873.