Welcome to Child Nutrition!
Due to nationwide food shortages, breakfast and lunch menu items may be changed due to circumstances beyond our control.
Thank you for your patience during this challenging time.
Only students approved for free or reduced meals by meal application or that attended a CEP school were eligible for P-EBT. All students were feed free due to the pandemic does not make them eligible for P-EBT.
Enrolled students were paid based on days they were coded as SC-VTP in PowerSchool for the 2020-21 school year. For parents with questions for the 2020-21 school year please provide the information below or check the DSS portal for the students if times allows.
You can check the status of 2020-21 payments here, https://benefitsportal.dss.sc.gov/#/pebt/benefitinquiry. DSS will not make any further changes or payments for the 2020-21 school year.
If you need a new card issued or an address changed please call 1-800-554-5268. If that does not work please email DSS at [email protected].
Address Update and Requesting Replacement P-EBT Card:
1. Dial 1-800-554-5268 (Customer Service)
2. Select Option 1 for English or Option 2 for Spanish
3. The system will ask caller to enter the card#, they will not enter anything, after a few seconds it will take them to the Retry Menu
4. From this menu they should Press 4
5. The system will then take them to the get SSN/DOB/PIN validation
6. It will ask them to enter their SSN, here they should make up a social security number.
7. After that it will ask them to enter their DOB as MM/DD/YYYY, here they should make up a DOB, for example 02/12/2012
8. After this it will ask them to enter their PIN, as they do not have a PIN, they will enter 1234
9. It will take a few seconds and then it will say that we could not validate your information
10. It will again ask them to enter their SSN, enter same made up SSN used earlier, it will say the number you entered, if this is correct Press 1, they should press 1
11. After that it will ask them to enter DOB as MM/DD/YYYY, enter the made up DOB, for example 02122012, it will say you entered February 12th 2012, if this is correct Press 1, they should Press 1
12. After this it will again ask them to enter their PIN, they will again enter 1234, the system will take a few seconds and say that we could not validate your information, please wait while we transfer you to a representative
13. Here they will be transferred to a CSR where they can tell them that they never received their PEBT card and would like a replacement card to be sent to them.
14. The representative will ask them for their DOB, SSN, they give 000000000 for SSN and Childs DOB. CSR will ask them to verify their address, if the address is incorrect they should give the new address to the CSR, which the CSR will update and will replace the card. The CSR will tell them that they will get their card in 7 to 10 business days.
For questions about P-EBT for students newly enrolled in the district for the 2021-22 school year, there are currently no P-EBT payments for this school year. The payments issued in August were summer benefits for eligible students for the 2020-21 school year.
All Students are able to receive 1 breakfast and lunch daily for Free.
Encourage the children to participate in our meal programs and let's reduce food insecurity in Chesterfield County.
All Breakfast Meals will provide: 2 servings of Grain/Meat, Fruit, and choice of milk.
All Lunch Meals will provide 2-3 oz serving of Meat/Meat Alternate, 1-2 servings of vegetables, 1-2 Bread/Grain servings, 1 -2 servings of fruit, and choice of milk.
Due to safety during the Pandemic, Students and Staff will be able to select an entree. All other menu items will be served on each plate.
Our school staff see many hungry children each day and it is increasing daily as food shortages increase.
food in·se·cu·ri·ty noun 1. the state of being without reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food. "more than 800 million people live every day with hunger or food insecurity as their constant companion"
Be sure to sign up for Going Green Menus for an automatic e-mail delivery of Monthly menus. Look for it on the Menu page.