To file a program or Civil Rights complaint, please contact one of the following agencies listed below:

USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication

1400 Independence Avenue, Southwest

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410



Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish).

You may also file a written complaint at the following address:


Child Nutrition Programs

Civil Rights and Program Complaint Coordinator

California Department of Education

Nutrition Services Division

1430 N Street, Room 4503

Sacramento, CA 95814-2342

916-323-8521 or 800-952-5609



If your household did not qualify for the USDA meal program and/or you feel you did not get the correct benefit amount you or your representative please contact:

Robert Quanstrom - Director of Food Services

975 W. Morgan St. Perris, CA. 92571 (951) 940-6100 ext 10859

 Click here to View the VVUSD Food Services Civil Rights and Complaint Procedures Handbook

If after contacting the above and you still feel you did not receive the correct benefit amount according to the law, you or your representative may request a fair hearing by calling or writing to:

Daniel Whitfield District Compliance Officer

Director-Risk Management

Val Verde Unified School District. 975 West Morgan Street

Perris, CA 92571 (951) 940-6100


VVUSD Uniform Complaint Regulations and Forms are also available the District Web site located at: