Lunch Applications

Fruit Everyday...
Do it for Life!

Click to view fruit slideshow
Smart Snacks In School
USDA Dietary Guidelines
Online Payments: EZSchoolPay
Web Menus Mobile App






In the past, the Food Service staff has stamped the hand of a child whose meal funds were low or they had no money left in their account.

Because parents and a teacher have objected to this notification method, WE ARE NO LONGER STAMPING HANDS.

Please keep abreast of the balance in your child(ren)’s account(s).  If you would like them to participate in the meal program, either send them with cash or a check to purchase their meal(s) or add money to their account through our online payment system,  You will need your child’s ID# to register your student.


Shared account – If you have more than one child in the district and would like a shared account, please call the Food Service Department at 916-294-9011 and we will be happy to set this up for you.





If you have a question that is not answered below,

please call

 Food Service at 916-294-9011.


1)  Can I apply for free or reduced meals?   

Anyone can apply for free or reduced meals at any time during the school year.  The following schools are CEP sites, all students eat breakfast and lunch at no charge. If your student attends one of these sites do not fill out an application:  

  • Cordova Gardens Elementary
  • Cordova Meadows Elementary
  • Cordova Villa Elementary
  • Mills Middle
  • Peter J. Shields Elementary
  • Rancho Cordova Elementary
  • White Rock Elementary
  • Williamson Elementary

However, you will need to complete an application for siblings attending other schools.



2)  Where do I apply?

ONLINE- Towards the top left of this page is a square with the words “MEAL APPLICATIONS”.

               Click on the square to go to the page to apply online.

 PAPER -  applications are available at the district office and most other school sites (except CEP sites). 

Fill out the application completely and correctly.   Any incomplete/incorrect application will not be processed.


3)  My student received free/reduced meals last school year.  Do I need to apply again this year?

Unless you have received a letter by Wednesday, August 9th, 2017 stating that your student is Directly Certified for free or reduced lunch, then YES; you must fill out a new application. Last year’s free/reduced application expires on September 20, 2017. 


4)  Do I need to fill out separate applications for each of my students? 

No.  Complete one application for all Folsom Cordova students in your household. Use your student’s name as it appears on their birth certificate.  If there are other students living in your household who attend a different school district, enter their names in the household section.


5)  My income is the same as last year.  Do I have to fill out an application for this school year?

Applications are only good for one school year.  Yes, you need to complete an application for the current school year. The Federal Government changes the income eligibility guidelines every year. Remember when filling out the application, income amount is GROSS, meaning BEFORE taxes.


6)  I have a Foster Child living in my household.  Do I need to fill out a separate application for that student?

No, you do not fill out a separate application.  Foster children who live with you may count as members of your household and should be listed on your application.  If applying for a Foster Child, only after completing step 1 on the application (make sure to check the Foster Child box) skip to step 4.


7)  Do I need to turn in any documentation with my application?

No.  (Please note, if you are selected for verification you will be asked for income documentation from the month that you applied.)


8)  When will I find out if my student has been approved?

We have ten working days from when we receive your correctly completed application IN the Food Service Department to process your application.  Once your application has been processed, we will send you a letter with your student’s eligibility status.  (Please note, if you turned your application in at a school site it still has to be sent to our department by district mail.  This could take a few extra days).


9)  Can I use my approval letter for other services?

Yes.  There are other departments and agencies that accept the letter for their services.  PLEASE KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL LETTER FOR THIS PURPOSE.  By law, we cannot share your information with other departments and agencies. There is a charge for additional letters.


10)  My student had money on their account at the end of last school year and now attends a different school in the district.  Where is their money?                

Any balance left on your student’s account at the end of the last school year follows them to the next year and/or school.


11)  If my student does not have money for lunch, can they charge their meal?  

Secondary students are not allowed to charge.  Elementary students are allowed to charge one meal. 


12)  How do I monitor or put money in my student’s account?

Online or send cash or a check with your student.  See below for online instructions.

Online – Folsom Cordova Food Service uses EZSchoolpay, a secure and convenient way to pay for school meals. (Even if you don't pay online, you can monitor meal activity and request an email reminder for low balances.)

Below are directions to register your student in EZSchoolpay. It is a two-step process.  You will need your student’s ID# for registering, which you can get by contacting either the school site or Food Service at 916-294-9011.

Parent registration:

First Page of – at bottom left click PARENT’S REGISTER NOW

Second Page – on right side of page under PARENT REGISTRATION – enter email address, click continue

Third Page – Towards the bottom of page is SCHOOL DISTRICTclick blue magnifying glass, then click DISTRICT NAME type FOL – click search

After registering yourself, you will receive an email (if you don’t see the email check your spam), this will direct you to then do the second part of the registration, the student side.

For payment purposes, you can use a MasterCard, Visa Card or debit card to make a deposit to your student’s account.  The money will show in your student’s account within ten minutes. (Note: regarding “Low Balance Notification”, unless you specify an amount the notification will default to zero)

Linking student's accounts:   Linking accounts together can save you money and time.  If you use EZSchoolpay, you only need to add money to one student's account (therefore paying only one fee), which then shows up on any linked student's account.  If you send money or a check with one student, that amount would then show for all linked students, even if the students attend different schools.  If you would like to have your student's accounts linked together please call Food Service at 916-294-9011.

Recurring payments: If you have automatic deposit into your student's account unless you stop it for summer, deposits will still be deducted from your bank account.




$$$$ Want to earn extra cash?$$$$

Food Services is looking for reliable Food Service Substitutes.  This is an on call position that pays $12.36 per hour.  You must be available to work in both Rancho Cordova and Folsom.  Click on the link below to apply:




Good nutrition and learning go hand in hand!

The Nutritional Services department is made up of a team of food and nutrition professionals that are dedicated to students' health, well being and their ability to learn. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices.

Meals, foods and beverages sold or served at schools meet state and federal requirements which are based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines. We provide students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.