Olentangy Schools cafeterias meet federal nutrition standards for school meals, ensuring that meals are healthy and well-balanced and provide students all the nutrition they need to succeed at school. Now is a great time to encourage your kids to choose school lunch!
School meals offer students protein, grain (bread), milk, fruits and vegetables, and they must meet the following guidelines:
- Age-appropriate calorie limits
- Appropriate servings of vegetables and fruits (students must take at least one serving of fruit or vegetable)
- A wide variety of vegetables, including dark green and red/orange vegetables and legumes
- Fat-free or 1% milk (flavored milk must be fat-free)
- Whole grains
- Less sodium
|Your guide to meal plans:|
Effective Tuesday, September 8, 2020, all students enrolled in Olentangy Schools will be able to receive one free breakfast and one free lunch on each school day. This includes students in the Hybrid Attendance Model, whether learning at school or at home, and all Committed Distance Learning students.
This opportunity is available, as the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has extended waivers which allows Olentangy Schools to offer meals at no charge to families till the end of the 2020 - 2021 school year.
A breakfast meal is consists of 4 items: grain(s), protein, fruit/vegetable, and milk. Student must select at least 3 of the 4 items, one of which must be either a fruit or a vegetable. A lunch consists of 5 components: an entree, which is 2 components (a protein and grain(s)), a fruit, a vegetable, and a milk. Students must select at least 3 of the 5 components one of which must be either a fruit or vegetable. At the elementary and middle school levels students can select up to 2 servings of vegetables and 1 serving of fruit and at the high school level students can select up to 2 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruit.
All a la carte/extras will still be charged on students' accounts. Funds MUST be available to purchase extras or a la carte.
SPRING BREAK MEAL KIT ORDER FORM
Families that ordered Spring Break Meal Kits can pick up their meal kit on Wednesday, March 24th. Please ensure you arrive at your pick up site during the one hour time window and follow the Spring Break information sheet.
Nutrition and ingredient information for the Spring Break Meal Kit can be found at the following link: Spring Break Nutrition Facts and Ingredients.
If you need to cancel/change your order, or have questions for Olentangy Food Service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing please include your student’s name(s), ID number, and home school.
COMMITTED DISTANCE LEARNING MEAL SERVICE - APRIL 2021
Olentangy is happy to continue offering meals to all students in the Committed Distance Learning program at no charge for the month of April.
Please use the Committed Distance Learning April Pre-Order Form to receive food service for students learning at home during the month of April.
The government extended waivers to allow meals that are ordered AND picked up for students enrolled in Olentangy schools available at no charge. By completing the form, you are committing to pick up meals ordered for your student(s). Please help us to conserve district time, funds, and valuable resources, as Olentangy Schools is only reimbursed through these government waivers for meals that are picked up by families.
A few reminders for Committed Distance Learning families pre-ordering meals from Olentangy:
- Meal order forms need to be submitted by Tuesdays at 11:59 PM for the following week.
- Menus are posted in the order form, or below.
- Meal pick-up is every Monday, except for the week of April 5th, which will be TUESDAY, APRIL 6th.
- Families are able to select a pick-up location and time.
- All meal pre-orders are for breakfast, lunch and 4 weekend fuel-up packs
- Milk selection is yes or no. Milk is not required with meals.
- Please submit a new order form for each student.
- Families may order for multiple weeks at one time.
- Families will receive an e-mail confirmation with a summary of the meal order.
There will be a separate communication to order meals for the week of spring break.
If you need to cancel or change your order, or have questions for Olentangy Food Service, please email CDLMeals@olsd.us. When emailing please include your student’s name(s), ID number, and home school.
We look forward to seeing you at the Committed Distance Learning meal pick-up!
WEEKEND FUEL-UP PACKS
Olentangy Schools is happy to continue offering weekend fuel up packs to all students attending school in the Daily Attendance Model at no charge for the months of April and May. In addition, please remember all enrolled Olentangy students are able to receive breakfast and lunch at no charge Monday thru Friday in all school cafeterias.
Please use the Daily Attendance Weekend Fuel Up Packs Pre-Order Form to receive weekend fuel up packs for the months of April and May.
The government extended waivers allow meals that are ordered AND picked up by students enrolled in Olentangy schools available at no charge. By completing the form, you are committing your student to pick up meals. Please help us to conserve district time, funds, and valuable resources as Olentangy Schools is only reimbursed through these government waivers for meals that are picked up by your student(s).
A few reminders for the Daily Attendance families regarding Olentangy food service:
- Breakfast and lunch are available at no charge Monday thru Friday in all school cafeterias.
- Weekend Fuel Up packs are shelf stable except if you order milk for your student.
- Milk is not required.
- Please submit a new order form for each student.
- Families will receive an e-mail confirmation with a summary of the order.
- The order form will provide additional instructions on how students are to pick up their weekend fuel up packs. Please communicate this information to your student(s).
If you need to cancel or change your order, or have questions for Olentangy Food Service, please email email@example.com. When emailing please include your student’s name(s), ID number, and home school.